the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Friday, May 27, 2005

Secret Pal 5

Hello! I just signed up for Secret Pal 5, and since one of the req's was having a blog.. viola!

My q&a's....
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?A snob indeed!!! I love the finer chunky yarns, made by Rowan and Debbie Bliss.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?No.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)Yes..my allergies act up around smoke.
4. How long have you been knitting?I started 6 months ago..
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?I'd LOVE a book by Stacey Charles/Tahki
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?N/A
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?N/A
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)Tim McGraw
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?I love lilac.. and rich colors.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I have a husband, two step-kids, and a Maltese (Pearl).
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)To retire at Groton Long Point, CT.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?I LOVE Debbie Bliss and Rowan.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?Polyester!
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?Rowan Chunky knits... and I'd love to make a hat or two with some Debbie Bliss yarn!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Tank tops!
17. What are you knitting right now?I am attempting to make the Froth Scarf from Rowan (came free with membership..).. I cannot figure out the psso deal for the life of me!
18. What do you think about ponchos?Bought one last year, it's still in the closet.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?Straight - but I'd love a bamboo circular set.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Bamboo!
21. Are you a sock knitter?Not yet..
22. How did you learn to knit?My step-daughter Taylor taught me..
23. How old is your oldest UFO?6 months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?Maltese.. and Penguins
25. What is your favorite holiday?Valentines Day.
26. Is there anything that you collect?High-end Yarns!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?Vogue Knitting, Rowan (International) membership..
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes... a beginner book or big knit book by Tahki/Stacey Charles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home