the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Mystery solved!

The mystery has been solved... but let's see if you can figure it out before the end of this entry! Last week I had a bad sinus headache, so I took some sudafed. I had terrible stomach cramps, and figured it's that time, so I took advil. But for some reason, it didn't go away. I went home after work and fell asleep at 6pm - and slept right through till the alarm next morning. What's your guess?! I was stumped, yet continued to feel lousy. Gingerale seemed to help, but not much else. Oh, and here's a clue. My boobs kill! Have you figured it out yet? I was clueless as of yesterday even. For some reason, I decided to do the pee on the ept wand thing last night, and WOW! I wasn't expecting this to happen so soon! There were two pink lines, clear as day! Scott was cooking dinner and I walked up with the little plastic wand and handed it to him, saying "this can't be right.." he looked right at me and said "congratulations, you're pregnant!" It still doesn't feel real, but I'm now of course feeling a nice glow! I didn't expect it to happen so fast. I went off the pill 3 months ago, after being on it forever. We decided not have too high of expectations, as I'm 38 and I anticipated having a tough time concieving. Webmd.com says that the baby is now the size of a bb! I have an appointment Saturday morning at my gynecologist.. and she's going to do the official test, and prescribe prenatal vitamins (which I've been taking from the regular vitamin section at CVS). None of my in-person friends have my blog address... so I'm actually writing the news to my blogger friends first, that don't even know me yet! We decided to just tell a few close friends first.. and hold off telling Scott's kids and Mom, just in case. I hope all goes well and it's a healthy journey for me and the teeny one! :-) xo

2 Comments:

  • At July 07, 2005, Blogger =joy= said…

    OMG congratulations!!!! what a way to figure it out. (^_^)

     
  • At August 23, 2005, Blogger Christine said…

    Congratulations!!! When are you due???? I have lots of great advice on stuff you need and don't need! (I just had my 5th in April) And I won't even mind if you ignore me, won't even say I told you so :) , I bought a lot of useless stuff with my first he he he

     

Post a Comment

<< Home