the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Happy Tuesday~
My last SP gift was received very well.. I sent out 2 skeins of yarn from a Sturbridge boutique, stitchmarker beads, and hand-carved knitting needles that Scott just finished. I am looking forward to finding out the identity of the person that gifted me, so I can send her some needles as well as a thank-you for spoiling me so well.

I signed up for SP6, and below is my questionnaire:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? After experimenting with many yarns, I am hooked on any Debbie Bliss yarns, and Rowan yarns. They have a unique softness that makes knitting a beautiful experience!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?– Not yet.. but would love to learn!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)–I am sensitive to smoke and strong perfume.
4. How long have you been knitting? 8 months, so I'm more advanced than a beginner...but not quite intermediate.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Only a baby registry ;-)But my wish list includes: a row counter (seem to always lose mine!), a cute sheep tape measure (you know those soft ones?), and I am in great need of one of those plastic needles for sewing up your projects.
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)–Vanilla! I love vanilla hand-made soaps.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?– Yes- for jelly beans!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?– I love to make stitchmarkers, so I am always interested in funky lampwork beads.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)– I love Frank Sinatra and would LOVE songs by Josh Grogan
10. What’s your favorite color? Or do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?– I love all shades of blues... I'm not big into browns or oranges.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?– I am married, a baby on the way (boy) and one maltese!
12. What are your life dreams? - To have a happy, comfortable family life. Having a baby (boy) on the way is an incredibly wonderful feeling.
13. What is/are your favorite yarns to knit with?– Anything Debbie Bliss.. or Rowan.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?– Anything scratchy, like acrylic..
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?– Baby scarves and hats!
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Baby hats.
17. What are you knitting right now?–3 in the works... one tank top, a beret by Debbie Bliss, and a shawl (xmas gift)
18. What do you think about ponchos?–I think they look good on others, but I can't pull them off.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?–Straight.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?–I will use whatever I have, which are mostly wooden, as my husband has a handcarved knitting needle store.
21. Are you a sock knitter? –no- a little intimidated by the 4 needles..
22. How did you learn to knit?–I learned the scarf concept from my stepdaughter, then taught myself other concepts through books
23. How old is your oldest UFO?–8 mos
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?– I like Bratz dolls, hello kitty and penguins.
25. What is your favorite holiday?– I love Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect?– unique lampwork beads
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?–Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting...I belong to Debbie Bliss Online, and Rowan International on-line.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?– I would love to read Meditations for Women Who Knit too Much.
Thanks! :-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home