the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Secret Pals

I'm having an absolute ball exchanging messages with my spoilee and spoiler. My Secret Pal has written me (I can't figure out from where!) yet another nice note, sharing some insight to herself, which I enjoyed. She sounds like someone I have some things in common with.
The Pal I'm spoiling has also been writing very interesting notes, and has taken the time to translate her language into English on her blog for me. This is proving to be a wonderful experience, all around! I'm getting ready to send a package out to my spoilee... a set of handcrafted knitting needles...3 skeins of Miracle yarn...tea leaves... yummy hand lotions by crabtree & evelyn..stationery....and a jewelry-making kit from Beads East in Vernon. I went a little overboard, but I wanted to make the combined gift really special...and can't wait to get it out in the mail so she can enjoy it the coming months!

I have not heard anymore from my SP5 from last round to figure out who she is.... but thank-you for the presents: a sheep toy, 3 skeins of Debbie bliss yarn, notepads ("M"!), a great knitting journal, and bath & body works lotions!

Today was a bit chilly to start, but is absolutely gorgeous at the moment. Oh- and yesterday my invisible braces were finally removed! (after 1.5 years!). Now I'm wearing invisible retainers and I'm just thrilled with the results. I'm to wear them for 6 weeks, all the time except when eating.. and I cannot wait to try corn on the cob again! I'd say popcorn too, but I've been cheating along the way there. I have a great orthodontist, he's close to 70 and he's just a hoot. His dental assistnat, Jodi is a blast to talk to- yesterday I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. She was taking impressions after they came off, which means that she puts this gook in a tray, and then puts it in my mouth for 10 seconds. Well the top tray gook started to go too far in the back of my mouth and I thought I was going to loose it, so I stood up quick to get it out, and accidentally stood on my floor length skirt in the process and it started to come down. At the same time, Jodi's pants got caught and hers started to come down. It was a classic I Love Lucy moment, that was priceless, and we would've won oodles of Funniest Videos dollars if it were caught on film.

Haven't felt any fluttering in my belly in a while, but we're at 17 weeks now.. almost 18 which is half way there!

Have a wonderful day.......enjoy the weather!!!!........Michele

1 Comments:

  • At October 03, 2005, Blogger Shar said…

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. this is my first time and and very excited. Congrats on your baby. I'm a former labor and delivery nurse and now a high risk ob case manager.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home