the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Meet Fifi


Here's a picture of Fifi, my first official Knitted Babe. She's sitting on the bookcase in my office. You'll note that I didn't have the red yarn as the pattern called for in my stash.. so I used Rowan Biggie in black.

My DH suggested creating a doll for each family member, then giving them as gifts for Xmas. We made Mary the Mom-in-Law last evening. Used Rowan cashmerino grey for her hair, and added earrings. I'm currently working on the turtleneck.

I wrote to the author today, asking if her kits were available for distribution in the US. Has anyone ordered one, and if so, was it worth the money spent?

The sun is shining, and it's a beautiful Monday. I am 5 months pregnant this week. Life is good.

I hope as you read this, you are enjoying many blessings. Make the most of your day and enjoy!

3 Comments:

  • At October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just cruising the net and came across this great blog - excellent articles - Philip
    If you have a moment please take a look at my site: Home Air Conditioners

     
  • At October 17, 2005, Anonymous karen in Toronto said…

    I was cruising the Babe KAL and found your blog.

    congratulations on your Babe, she is lovely.

    I'am knitting my second one ;o)

    Babe addict, here I come !

     
  • At November 04, 2005, Anonymous Andrea said…

    Hi Michelle - Just dropped into your blog following the link from the comment you recently posted on mine - love the knitted dolls - have seen adverts fro the book but 1st time I've "seen" any knitted up.
    Love the way your hubbie hacked into your blog to introduce himself:)
    Good Luck with the pregnancy - I'm a bit further ahead than you with one 8yr old & one 9 yr old! Do you know the sex yet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home