the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Mother in Law is here


As promised, here's the MIL doll so far! Tonight we add the arms, legs and bathrobe!!! I'm using Rowan for the hair, and Karabella frost for the body. The earrings are made of hand-blown glass. Interested in a kit, including complimentary hand-made wooden knitting needles? write me! I'm putting together packages tonight that include the pattern and all yarns, sterling silver earring components/handblown blass, all materials and knitting needle to make your very own MIL!

Also a HUGE thank you to Katrina! She read on my blog that I didn't hear back from my SP5 for some time, and sent me a wonderful gift in the mail! 3 skeins of incredibly soft, hand-spun off-white yarn and kool-aid to dye it with! I will post pics of the end result. We had a blast attempting dying for the first time ever. Skein #1 came out beautiful! Now for the next two! You can visit Katrina at http://xlp5.blogspot.com!

I spoke with the owner of Namaste Needles last evening. What a wonderful couple! I'm so excited for this new venture with them!

2 Comments:

  • At October 25, 2005, Blogger katrina said…

    Hi Michele! I just got your package. The needles are SO unbelievably beautiful. I LOVE them. Thank Scott for them too for me. The place markers are almost too nice to use! I also can't wait to try and make some of my own.

     
  • At October 25, 2005, Anonymous Leah said…

    Love the site! so glad you found me! Congrads on the little baby soon to be here! Cool doll!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home