the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Sunday, January 08, 2006

I LOVE Stollen!

Hello- Hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I have beautiful presents to report!

One is my gift from my SP6, and the other is a box of gifts from my friend from Germany, Sabine.

I am in the process of taking pictures, so they should be up later this week. Our laptop was on the fritz, so we purchased a desktop and are awaiting a powercord replacement for the laptop. Needless to say it's taking a bit to get all of our software loaded.

My SP6 sent me: 5 skeins of Lana Grossa yarn (bulky, in a soft blue, very soft yarn), a (blue) pretty handmade needle holder, very nicely handknit blue socks with baby blue socks to match, 2 additional pairs of baby socks, stitch markers, lampwork beads and a handmade bag that holds the stitchmarkers. Thank you SP6!!!!! I promise to have the pics up asap!

Sabine sent a wonderful package that arrived a few days ago. I was very excited to receive such a thoughtful and fabulous package from a far away friend that I was to spoil! I cannot believe the thoughtfulness of putting this package together. Enclosed was beautiful yarn that she picked up while traveling (Baby Mohair, in a blue-ish teal shade). I will have to find the perfect scarf pattern for this yarn, I'm on the lookout! Also, Stollen!!!!!!! My husband and I were overjoyed with this gift. It is simply outstanding. It is not lasting long, and our new favorite treat.
There are German candies for my stepkids! And a green bag that is so pretty, wait till you see the pictures. I love it. I've always wanted to try Lush products, and wouldn't you know, Sabine sent me a bath treat. I used it tonight for my bath, and I'm in heaven!!!!
There is also a baby book for Aidan! It will teach him how to say animal names in German. How fun! And last but not least, the Debbie Bliss Toy book. I have already made a sheep! this will be Scott's mascott for the knitting shop. Sabine, thank you so very much! You have made the SP6 program a great experience, not only did I make a good friend, I am truly touched by your thoughtfulness.

Have a nice evening!

1 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2006, Blogger your secret pal said…

    hi there! i just couldn't wait to comment here and tell you that i'm going to be your spoiler for secret pal 7. :) i have all kinds of plans for you already!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home