the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Monday, January 30, 2006

Secret Pal 7 Gifts, THEN Baby Shower update



1) Thank you, SP, I received my first SP7 gift, a package containing: 5 skeins Red Heart yarn (SP wrote that acrylic over wool is safest for knitting baby items), a box of yarns (Bebesounds~ with red heart yarns, 2 skeins), a silver-tone frame and baby album. This was very thoughtful of you to think of baby-to-be. I really do appreciate the thought and gifts.

2) NOW...... the update from the shower! Ready? I'm still so excited!!!! Well, last weekend was our baby shower. 30 of my dearest friends joined me at the Publick House for a nice breakfast. (I am mailing Sabine a post card from here asap, so she can see what I've been talking about!) We had scrambled eggs, ham, hashbrowns, and a killer cake! The cake had sp*rmies on them.. with writing that said "Congratulations on the long swim!" priceless... The gifts were incredibly generous and awesome, we received a swing, sea life crib set, lamp and rug! and a Taggie! (our first Taggie..) and the softest cashmere blanket I've ever come in contact with.. the outfits are from the Gap and Jamboree (LOVE their clothes!) and green rubber boots from Jamboree I just adore...

3) Baby decisions that need to be made....we're currently checking out local churches in our spare time...and Aidan's giving me a little push that's been much needed.

3) Carolyn from the Flying Ewe is sending me a surprise in the very near future, I can't wait to receive and post pictures! Her products are out of this world, and she's one of those people that you meet and realize she makes a difference in your day. Although we've yet to meet (we live quite far away from each other) I truly enjoy our friendship. When you get a minute, stop by and see her shop at www.theflyingewe.com!

4) If you haven't checked out my favorite LYS yet, what are you waiting for? www.pixie-sticks.com is just a hop, skip and a jump from my house, and it's a wonderful spot to visit. The yarns are incredibly yummy and the atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming. Go ahead and treat yourself....I dare you! :-) Due to the pregnancy-thing, I haven't gotten out much and am so looking forward to pampering myself at an upcoming knit-nite! (I'm ready to try the oh-so-soft sock yarns..and try my first sock!)

It's 7pm, and I have lots to do before the BACHELOR.. so have a wonderful evening and ttfn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home