the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

SP7 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Yes I do avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand.. and other acrylic-based yarns. I am "allergic" to acrylic, it's always made my skin irritated, and itch. So I avoid acrylic sweaters and all acrylic yarns for that main reason. I use wool, cotton and cashmere yarns. They don't have to be pricey, but they do need to be skin-friendly! For example, Knit Picks yarn is very reasonable (1.79 skein!) but it's gentle against the skin. Of course I won't turn away Rowan or Debbie Bliss yarns.. or Noro... I just adore their lines and can't get enough of them.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?– No, I would love to learn to spin.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)–I am sensitive to smoke, strong perfume and acrylic yarns!

4. How long have you been knitting? 1 year.. so I'm more advanced than a beginner...but not quite intermediate.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I LOVE Lush products!

6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)–I love handmade soaps and all Lush products!

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?– Yes- for jelly beans!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?– I love to make stitchmarkers, so I am always interested in funky lampwork beads.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)– I love Frank Sinatra and the latest soundtracks out

10. What’s your favorite color? Or do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can’t stand?– I love navy blues... I do not like pastels!

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?– I am married, a baby on the way (boy) and one maltese!

12. What are your life dreams? - To have a happy, comfortable family life. Having a baby (boy) on the way is an incredibly wonderful feeling.

13. What is/are your favorite yarns to knit with?– Anything Debbie Bliss.. or Rowan, Noro, and I also find Knit Picks yarns nice to work with. I'm open to anything but acrylic.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?– Acrylic! and novelty yarns.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?– Debbie Bliss patterns!

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Rowan Biggie Print items!

17. What are you knitting right now?–3 in the works... one tank top, a beret by Debbie Bliss, and a shawl (xmas gift). I've made a few baby items, but am ready to move on to adult clothes yet again! I have received more than enough clothes at my shower!

18. What do you think about ponchos?–I think they look good on others, but I can't pull them off.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?–Straight.20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?–I will use whatever I have, which are mostly wooden, as my husband has a handcarved knitting needle store

21. Are you a sock knitter? –no- a little intimidated by the 4 needles..

22. How did you learn to knit?–I learned the scarf concept from my stepdaughter, then taught myself other concepts through books

23. How old is your oldest UFO?–8 mos

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?– I like Bratz dolls, and penguins.

25. What is your favorite holiday?– I love Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?– unique lampwork beads

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?–Interweave Knits, Vogue Knitting...I belong to Debbie Bliss Online, and Rowan International on-line.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?– I would love to read Meditations for Women Who Knit too Much. I have had my fill of baby knits (through Debbie Bliss) so I'm more interested in a book by Yarn Harlot.

Thanks! :-)

2 Comments:

  • At January 11, 2006, Blogger your secret pal said…

    awesome...now i have even more great ideas. i can't wait to start shopping for you :)

     
  • At January 15, 2006, Blogger papaya said…

    waiting for my needles and found your blog, so excited to watch an experienced knitter & needle royalty ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home