the knitted purl

A CT girl's adventures in knitting, marriage, pregnancy and this thing called life. Happy reading...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Flying Ewe


Carolyn of The Flying Ewe (www.Theflyingewe.com) sent me the most luxurious, beautiful yarns. I have 4 gorgeous balls.. two are a medium, rich green (one of which was spun with Swarovski crystals), and two are the softest pink (again, one with crystals!). I'm making a yummy scarf with the pink yarns. Let me tell you, not only does it knit beautifully and feel so nice while knitting, but it SMELLS good too!!! It's a soft scent, very clean~ (and let me tell you, during pregnancy, smells are magnified and there are very few I like.. but this is subtle and... well, squeeky clean and fresh).

Well, I'm officially hooked! I've peeked in her store to see what she has this week... and wow... look at this!!!

It's 5pm on a Sunday, and I'm surfing the web, seeking some yarn to make the Man's Zip Up sweater by Rowan (for hubby). It calls for All Seasons Cotton by Rowan.. 19 balls, and I think I'm going to go with Debbie Bliss's Cotton DK #023. I found a great sale on Webs' and already love this yarn.

Wish our camera was up & running.. Scott's napping on our red leather couch with Pearl laying in front of him, it's a priceless picture. I'm catching part of the Discovery Channel (pregnancy stories of course).

We had lamaze on Saturday.. I LOVE the instructor, Sandy Eckstrom from Glastonbury. She was a nurse for many years and now is retired and teaches classes in her home. Scott got us a private lesson after class ended, just in case we go in earlier than next Saturday. Phew!

Can you believe all this snow?!

Have a relaxing and enjoyable evening...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home